Happy weekend grinders! I hope it has been a fantastic start to 2017 for you! Can you believe we are almost halfway through January?! I feel like I was just counting down the last seconds of 2016 yesterday. Time flies! Anyways, I wanted to get this post up to share with you my 2017 goals before I wake up tomorrow & it’s February! I thought it would be neat to let you know my goals, so that I can update you throughout the year. This will be super motivating for me… plus it will help hold me accountable. Some of these should be easily achieved, but others will be a challenge. So, here’s to the challenges that make us stronger! 🙂
- Get my PT certification. I have wanted to get certified in personal training for some time now, & last fall I decided that 2017 would be the year. I have such a huge passion for fitness & I crave knowledge, so this is really exciting. Bonus points: Your girl just enrolled today & I am starting 1/31! Eeeek! *happy dance*
- Uncover those abs! As I mentioned in the video on my previous post, I am starting a 16-week cut February 5th. I have worked hard & lifted heavy during the course of this bulk so I am anxious to see what new muscle definition is hiding under there. 😉 I totally know it might be a little shallow but I just want to see the abs once, haha! This is going to be difficult because I am going to need to get leeeean which means less food, more cardio (ugh), but I am making it happen this year. It’s all mental strength when cutting & I am ready!
- Compete in a powerlifting meet. I also mentioned this in the last post. I have fallen in love with building strength. There is no better feeling than getting stronger & moving more & more weight. Deadlifts are my favorite just in case you were wondering. I am going to continue to build strength, or at least maintain it through my cut. After I start another bulk in the fall… it is going down! Kind of freaked out about it but I want to lift heavy & post some numbers!
- Travel. I want to travel to one new place with Aaron this year. We decided not to do our usual Cancun trip for our anniversary this year since we are saving for a house, but I’m sure we will do a weekend getaway at some point. Who doesn’t love exploring somewhere new?
- Give back. Whether it is volunteer work or running in a 5k to benefit a charity, I want to help make a positive impact in my community.
- Post consistently. I love getting on here & sharing with you guys, so I am going to do it more frequently! My goal to start 2017 out is to write once per week on the blog, & post a video once per week on YouTube (which may or may not also be shared here). The YouTube thing is probably going to take me until February to get in a groove because it’s brand new to me & I am trying to figure it all out. Nevertheless, that’s 48 videos & at least 48 blog posts! Look forward to being entertained. 😉
- Save money. After a lot of thought & discussion, Aaron & I decided it would be best to wait one more year to buy a home. We want to save more for a down payment, so this girl is budgeting & sticking to the plan. I am aiming to save at least 10% this year, so wish me luck (& keep me away from Best Buy & Lululemon).
- Be a better wife, daughter, sibling, friend. I want to be more present, & make more memories with the ones I love. We moved back to Florida to be close with our family & friends again, so I want to be sure to not let everything else in life keep me from time with them.
- Lead my team to top results in 2017. I am fortunate to have an amazing job that I enjoy going to each day, & I couldn’t ask for a better team. With our fiscal year restarting in February, I know we are going to kick ass & achieve amazing results this year.
I look forward to checking in & letting you know how these goals are coming along over the next year! Did you set 2017 goals for yourself? Drop them in the comments below & don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already! Thank you for the support. Let’s make it a great YEAR! <3